Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What a great day.

September 25th my beautiful wife and I went to Chicago.

I normal refer to Chicago as Shitcago-- thought you should understand the way I think of the big city.

With that said I had a wonderful time.  We spent our day at the Chicago Gourmet, a food and wine fest, in Millennium Park.  I have to say that the stereotype Chicago'ens that I had in my head were nowhere around. The people were very nice and struck up conversation with out prompting.  There was no dress code,  which was quite evident.  There where people dressed in tee shirts all the way up to Tuxedos. I do have to say that it didn't seem to mater to the others that attended the event.  People in Tuxes where talking with others in Tee shirts without a care in the world about what others would think.

I was impressed with the festival.  The wine was flowing freely as was the Tequila and vodka.  The Latin food booth was awesome.

We also tried bacon ice cream for the first time and that it has to be the best desert I've ever tried.     The event was not just food and drink though there where several big name chefs there such as Rick Bayless, Cat Cora and Ted Allen they were doing cooking demonstration and book signings thru out the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment