Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Deer Season

Sorry for my lack of posts.  I have been so tied up trying to find Bambie's dad that I haven't had time.

There is so much to deer hunting that most don't understand.  Lack of sleep is one of them.  Get up at 4:30 to take a scent free shower, put on my clothes that smell like dirt.  Yes there are rituals that go in to hunting.  It's like other sports in that there are people that have their certain lucky thing that will go with when them to the game.  Mine is dirt. I know that sounds funny to a non-hunter but  what is more natural to smell in the woods in fall?

After the rituals at home it is off to the woods for more.  I have to figure out wind direction to determine the tree stand I will use then which way I will go in to the wood to not spook the deer.  When I get to the tree its up twenty feet for a birds-eye view of sometimes nothing but a squirrel or a chipmunk.

 It is all worth it though if you get the chance to see the buck of a life time.

Saturday was opening day of gun season here in Indiana and I would like to wish others out there good luck and remember to always be safe.

I shot this Doe Saturday evening, she field dressed at 115 lbs.  I am looking forward to bacon wrapped venison loins.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment